Applications are still being accepted: Download the program application
Modeled after the successful STAR Pilot Program, the Leadership STAR Community Program supports a cohort of cities, towns and counties as they get organized around the Rating System then collect and report their data in order to receive a certified STAR Community Rating. Leadership STAR Communities will have extensive access to STAR Communities staff and on-call experts, online tools, training programs (both web-based and in-person), technical assistance and other services associated with the STAR Community Rating System.
Communities achieving a certified STAR Community Rating will be recognized as national leaders in sustainability and gain a deep understanding of their community’s strengths and needs to support current and future generations.
Through this one-year program, Leadership STAR Communities will gain tools to measure progress towards a common set of sustainability metrics; access to STAR’s online platform to track the community’s sustainability data; opportunities to learn best practice from other communities; and assistance in sustainability messaging and storytelling. It is expected that communities will apply for STAR certification by the end of the program on December 31, 2014.
- Invitation to a two-day in-person kickoff training for two team members;
- Invitation to the 1-hour “Intro to STAR” web training for all interested team members;
- A dedicated staff member available for regular check-in calls and to answer technical questions;
- Use of the Self Assessment Tool, a checklist to determine your community’s preliminary score;
- Access to the Technical Guide for the STAR Communities Rating System;
- Access to the Online Reporting Tool to store data and submission information;
- Monthly webinars with other communities to work through the rating system together;
- Media services to assist in sustainability storytelling to the public and other audiences;
- E-communications, including newsletters and an internal listserv for Leadership communities; and
- Verification of the community’s submission to receive an official STAR certification ($1,500 value).
How to apply
- Download the Program Application
- Review Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
For additional information, contact us via email email@example.com and the appropriate staff member will get back to you within 1-2 days.