Have you been curious about the LEED for Cities performance score and certification program? Interested in how the STAR Community Rating System is being integrated into the LEED for Cities program? Then this workshop is for you!
This workshop will provide participants with a deep look into LEED for Cities and the information needed to pursue certification. The focus will be on understanding certification options, best practices for improving urban sustainability and quality of life, and the new options available through LEED for Cities. With its new certification programs for cities and communities, USGBC encourages innovation in sustainability on a broader scale than ever before!
Attendees will leave the workshop equipped with information on how to successfully mobilize and pursue LEED for Cities projects. Specifically, the workshop will help participants to:
- Understand the LEED for Cities rating system and certification process for existing and new cities and communities;
- Comprehend the intent and requirements of key LEED for Cities prerequisites and credits for success;
- Be able to communicate the value proposition for LEED for Cities certification;
- Identify barriers and challenges to data collection and stakeholder engagement in LEED for Cities; and
- Learn about solutions and best practices from practitioners and experts.
The 4-hour workshop will be held from 1-5pm on November 13, 2018, as part of the Greenbuild Chicago pre-conference events. The workshop is $175 for USGBC members and $225 for non-members. The workshop may be purchased as a standalone registration fee; you do not need to attend the entire conference to be eligible to register for the workshop.
Attendance qualifies for 4 GBCI continuing education credits.